Photo Book Competition is open to any subject matter.
Books can be photos only or with text that tells a story. There are no restrictions on using winning images from regular BCC competitions, and there are now no size restrictions, any size book will be considered! Books may be hard or soft bound and limited to 60 pages, 30 pieces of paper with each side considered a page. There is no rule on type of paper, glossy, matte or luster. Any book received that does not meet these rules will be disqualified.
For more information, see Ilya Schiller presentation: Body of Work.
Judging Criteria for the BCC Photo Book Contest (PSA rules):
• Does the cover draw you into the book wanting to see more?
• Does the cover represent what the book is about?
• Does text on the cover fit with the image?
• Normal considerations for images used in the book. Are they sharp, correctly exposed, color balanced and meet all the criteria of any normal photo competition.
• Do the images and/or text flow from page to page in a pleasing sequence?
• Does the book have a theme or story that is carried through the book?
• Does the text add to the book?
• Is the font used pleasing and go with the subject matter?
• Are there any typographical errors?
• Is the placement of text and images pleasing in the layout?
• Is the subject or topic well covered in the book?
• In an art book or picture book, does it cover the theme without words and stand on its own?
• Is the layout pleasing? Is placement of text and images pleasing?
• Do captions make sense and add to the book?