This event was held on Tuesday, June 6, 2017
The Annual Business Meeting Agenda: June 6, 7 pm
6:30 – 7:00 Social Time, Setup for Print of the Year, Buy Raffle Tickets
7:00 – 7:15 Print of the Year Voting (Open A, Open B, Special): Members Vote
7:15 – 7:20 BCC Group Portrait
7:20 – 7:40 Business Meeting
- Treasurer’s Report
- Voting in New Executive Committee members
- Projected Image New Scoring System (starting Fall 2017)
7:40 – 8:10 Thank Yous and Awards
- Thank Yous
- Year-End Cumulative Awards
- Projected Image of the Year Awards
- Print of the Year Awards
- Print of the Year Awards
8:10 – 8:20 Short Break
8:20 – 9:10 “Facing the Fire:” Derrick Zellmann Presentation
9:10 – 9:30 Raffle Winners
- Auction for one of Derrick Zellmann’s framed “Facing the Fire” photographs. A portion of the money rasied will go to the club and to the two charities: Boston Firefighters Burn Foundation and the Boston Firefighters’s Children’s Fund
General Raffle Prizes
- Newtonville Camera Gift Certificate
- Blue Hour Tours Gift Certificate
- Camera Lens Bag
- BCC 18% Grey T-shirt
- Hunt’s Photo and Video Gift Certificates
- Steve Dunwell Book: Extraordinary Boston: 125pp book with full-color photographs —$40 value
Workshop Raffle Prizes
1. Daytime Long Exposure (DLE) Photography: 4 prizes/1 session — Jurgen Lobert
This is EITHER an introduction to daytime long exposure (DLE) photography OR an onsite, 3-hour small group outing to practice DLE (attendees choose between lecture or practice).
DLE photography records 1-15 minutes of time in a 2-dimensional photograph by using neutral density filters. This creates unique and intriguing images of the world that we usually freeze in momentary exposures. Letting time pass during exposure converts clouds into bands across the sky, smooths waters to a mirror finish and can make people and moving objects disappear. The resulting imagery is otherworldly and strangely beautiful.
The lecture will include hands-on set up of equipment, detailed explanations of how it works, so plan to bring your camera, lenses and ND filters. The prerequisite for the onsite practice shoot is some experience and availability, familiarization and preparation of equipment before the photo shoot, so that we do not have to spend time on getting set up. Location and date/time to be determined, but most likely along the Boston waterfront on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday late afternoon until half an hour after sunset.
2. Portrait Session: 1 prize — Anna Golitsyna
A Portrait Basics session for 1-1.5 hours, including explaining and showing a few light setups, background and posing considerations, optionally strobe setup. Can be done outside (weather permitting) and/or inside my home studio. Bringing a patient model, a family member or a friend, is recommended but not required. All photographer levels.
3. Lightroom Basic Training for Image Improvement: 1 prize — Ron Abramov
We will take about 5-10 images and learn how to improve their appearance and make the most out of each image. We will use all required tools in Lightroom development model to modify the images. The session will be 60-90 minutes and it can be done at my home. Images should be brought in on a USB drive, preferably in RAW format. At the end of the session the improved images will be loaded back on the same USB drive.
4. Wildlife Hands-on Tutorial: 2 prizes/1 session — Jim Mollenauer
There are two parts to this wildlife workshop: The first is a discussion of equipment and techniques, held before one of the club meetings or over a cup of coffee somewhere. And the second is a field shoot at a wildlife location nearby, with a review of the photos obtained. The field location will be by mutual agreement with the two winners of this item.
5. Create a Photo Web Site using WIX: 2 prizes/1 session — Beth Luchner
Get started on developing your own custom-designed photography web site using WIX. The 2-hour session will explore the WIX interface to: select your web site design theme, photo gallery style, create new pages, add images, and add text content to your pages. Use an existing domain or select a new domain. FREE and paid WIX hosting services will be explored. Place and date will be determined with the winners.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE NOMINEES
President: Beth Luchner
Vice-President: Eldad Cohen
Treasurer: Greg Crisci
Secretary: Betsey Henkels
5 year term on Finance Committee: Moti Hodis
(other members of the FC are Greg Crisci, Yair Egozy, Henry Weisenburger, and Henry Winkleman)
Executive Committee (24)